Nurse Practitioner - Binghamton, NY
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Correctional Medicine opening in Binghamton, New York. This and
other nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by
PrimeCare Medical of NY, Inc. (PCM), recruiting on behalf of
Professional Care Medical Practice PC, has been in operation -since
1986. We are a privately owned, physician founded, nationally
accredited correctional healthcare practice. -
PCM provides comprehensive medical, mental health, & dental care
services to over 70 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention
centers throughout the states of PA, MD, NY, NH & FL.
Correctional health care is a unique, challenging, and exciting
opportunity for today's medical professional in that it provides
the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical skills and
knowledge on a daily basis. It is the perfect hybrid of Primary
Care, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine, and Addiction Medicine;
providing care to an under-served, diverse, and appreciative
We are currently looking for a Part-Time Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant to join our team and provide on-site medical
care services at the Broome County Correction Facility in
This is 16- 24 -hour/week position, Monday's - Friday's, during
normal business hours. - -
Some important key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail coverage)
- PT PTO & Sick Leave package provided.
- Annual licensure reimbursement offered.
- Unlimited company-paid CME technology provided, and more.
In this role the NP/PA will be performing physical examinations on
all newly incarcerated inmates/patients, as well as evaluating sick
inmates/patients, and present your observations to the attending
You will be responsible for performing a variety of duties such as
suturing and administering injections and medications, drawing
blood samples, and evaluate of diagnostic findings. Other
responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Providing counseling and education on common medical
- Performing histories and physicals on all newly committed
inmates/patients in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, facility
requirements, and PCM policies and procedures.
- Complying with standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA
and accepted healthcare standards.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs
according to annual in-service calendar, as assigned by PCM Medical
Director and/or Administrator.
- Reviewing inmate/patient records to determine health status and
initiate necessary treatment.
- Screening inmate/patient sick call requests to determine
appropriate follow up care.
- Evaluating inmate/patients at sick call for common
- Ordering appropriate laboratory tests and X-rays.
- Ordering specialty consultations when indicated.
- Providing other services as required at the request of the PCM
Medical Director and/or Administrator.
- Providing ongoing, continuous care for inmates/patients with
chronic medical problems such as asthma, hypertension, and
- Collecting specimens for and carrying out commonly performed
blood, urine, and stool analyses and cultures.
- Evaluating and initiating treatment in emergency situations
such as cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, hemorrhage, burns,
- Prescribing therapeutic modalities such as medications and
diets in accordance with regulations.
This position is exciting and fast paced, and as such we must have
someone who is able to multi-task well and has excellent time
management skills. They must also have the ability to work
independently and be comfortable with making patient diagnosis on
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Binghamton , Nurse Practitioner - Binghamton, NY, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!