Foster Care Case Manager
Company: Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Join Our Mission
The Family Specialist is responsible for coordinating a comprehensive case management plan for youth and families to ensure the safety, permanency and well-being of youth in foster care.
· Conducts assessment of family's strengths and needs; assesses problem areas and utilizes various treatment modalities and resources to effect growth and change.
· Participates in development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of comprehensive treatment and discharge plan. Develops alternative placement or permanency resources for youth that may not return to their families. Completes a comprehensive discharge summary at least eight weeks prior to discharge.
· Delivers effective case management services, including ensuring counseling sessions are scheduled as needed and children receive required medical and dental examinations. Tracks and monitors services provided, completes all documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner. Ensures compliance with confidentiality standards, parental consent and necessary release of information.
· Conducts casework contacts with families, as needed but at least twice a month, in their homes and community settings to focus on treatment goals. Engages youth and family by developing effective and caring relationship. Ensures children are maintained in safe, secure environments.
· Acts as a bridge between youth and family, and foster care treatment teams through telephone, face-to-face contacts, family conferences, comprehensive treatment reviews, etc. Attend treatment review meetings.
· Assists with reunification of youth with family, community, school by implementing permanent supports and resources including but not limited to identifying and working with a mentor, setting up after school recreational and job opportunities and developing a relapse prevention program.
· Minimum Bachelor's degree in human services or related field.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience working with at-risk youth and families.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule with variable hours including day, evening, weekend, holiday and subject to call hours.
· Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle. Travel is required. Ability to coordinate and plan travel for visits and appointments in efficient manner.
· Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
· Skills: Ability to handle crisis intervention in solution focused manner as well as communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth, Binghamton , Foster Care Case Manager, Executive , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!