Government Account Manager
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: November 22, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You'll be essential in delivering innovative solutions to State,
Local, and Federal Government agencies that make them more
connected to the world. You'll be tasked with growing sales
opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing
sales. Having a deep understanding of complex government agencies
will drive your success as a trusted adviser that they can rely on
to make their operations run better.
- Understanding customer needs and recommending innovative
- Seeking out new growth opportunities and generating new sales
- Writing proposals and responding to Request for Proposals
- Providing follow-up training for new customers.
- Handling your sales pipeline and activity with sales management
- Generating forecasting and tracking reports.
- Keeping up with new offerings and market trends through
training and your own research.
- Successful completion of motor vehicle report check is
What we're looking for...
You make it easy for customers to do business with you by building
relationships through listening, anticipating and responding to
their needs. You understand how technology and services come
together to solve business challenges and can explain just how in a
way that customers understand. You thrive on closing a big deal but
also know that strong follow-through, a sense of urgency, and
putting the customer first will get you there. Working with
government agencies is a little different-there's a fair amount of
red tape-but you take it in stride and deliver outstanding customer
service in just the way that works for them.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Outside sales experience.
- Valid driver's license
- Eligibility to pass Motor Vehicle Record check.Even better if
you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Led large complex accounts and sales.
- Sold to large national or government accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Binghamton , Government Account Manager, Executive , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!