Company: Monro, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation's largest auto service companies
and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores
in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro
family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the
industry-Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire
Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven
by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and
deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro,
we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star
teammate experience. In fact, we're currently investing more than
$100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career
development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro - Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and
the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America's
leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best
place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and
repairs. We're looking for motivated individuals at every stage in
their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our
retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and
in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New
York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on
cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and
building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity -
we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more.
Destination Monro! - Your career is here.
The District Manager is responsible for the successful operations
of up to 20 store locations. Responsibilities include the workforce
planning, hiring, training, counseling, developing store managers
and retention of teammates to ensure the district financial goals
are achieved. The District Manager sets accountability and
expectations for teammates on the company standards, policies,
procedures and develops an environment which is conducive to
accomplishing both the company and teammate personal goals.
- Develops Store Managers to become culture change leaders who
produce a consistent 5-star Guest experiences.
- Ensures assigned locations (districts) are staffed in
accordance with company workforce planning standards that ensure
staffing matches demand.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and developing of all store
management and minimizing turnover.
- Trains, develops and leads store managers and manager trainees
on store operations, sales, product knowledge, and service
- Manages budget and capital expenses to exceed objectives.
- Manages budget to maximize profit potential of the district.
Develops recovery plans to address shortcomings.
- Conducts and has a documented store visit cadence (every store
at least once per quarter) which includes tracking action items and
communicating follow up expectations to the store manager.
- Assures all required documents/processing/reporting, company
policies, safety, regulations, and standards are met throughout the
- Trains, monitors, and ensures company safety and security
standards are enforced to provide a work-safe environment.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with Store Support
Center teammates to include executive management, Marketing,
Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources, and other departments as
- Maintains knowledge of local market competitors, automotive
industry, and new developments.
- Manages district inventory within company established standards
- Manages a district-team environment that is free of harassment
and ensures adherence to EEO standards.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and project work as
requested by Zone Manager.
- Completes all Monro University required training with the
guidelines and timing provided.
This position will directly supervise up to 20 store locations and
Education and Experience:
- 18 years of age and either a high school diploma or GED
equivalent. Associates or bachelor's degree in business a plus. ASE
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Prior management in a multi-unit retail environment strongly
preferred. Tire or automotive-related business preferred as
- Prior experience managing a P&L and is familiar with key
line item management and how to impact results.
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-aware, servant leader with proven experience managing a
team of 10 or more employees where responsibilities included
interviewing, hiring, training, counseling and termination of
- Previous experience with performance management including
coaching, setting expectations, writing and delivering performance
reviews, managing disciplinary actions, conducting investigations,
and holding teammates accountable for results.
- Strong motivator and role model to teams with the ability to
proactively diagnose problems and provide effective solutions.
- Proven practitioner in sales with the ability to train others
in successful sales techniques and strategies.
- Clear communicator of ideas, concepts, and initiatives
including the ability to connect disparate data points into one
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate business and
financial documents regularly.
- Ability to interrupt and calculate figures such as financial
reports, discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and
percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to communication
and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram
or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours/days including evenings and
weekends. Additional time may be required depending on business
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods,
and lift 50 lbs. Frequent reaching, bending, twisting, pulling, and
--- Health Insurance
--- Dental Insurance
--- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
--- Paid vacation
--- Paid Holidays
--- Employee Discounts
--- Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we're committed to helping our
teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework,
demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Store
Managers receive on-the-job training, company sponsored
certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University
that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal
opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Monro, Inc., Binghamton , District Manager, Executive , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!