Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: February 13, 2019
O'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions company throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging from advanced manufacturers to higher education, federal agencies, and municipalities. These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving advanced manufacturing, energy, environmental, and water challenges of today and tomorrow.
We currently have an opportunity in our Binghamton, NY office for a Mechanical Engineer in the Energy, Utilities, and Infrastructure Division. The selected candidate for this position will be expected to work across a wide range of mechanical engineering knowledge areas. The candidate will work with experienced engineers who will provide mentoring and technical leadership. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Performing design work in various areas of the mechanical discipline; range from industrial piping, to HVAC systems, plumbing, central utility plants, compressed air systems, chilled water systems, steam systems, district heating, and combined heat and power systems.
* Coordinating with other engineering disciplines to produce final construction drawings and details associated with mechanical engineering projects.
* Creating design drawings utilizing 3D design software (Revit and/or AutoCAD).
* Conducting or participating in field investigations.
* Conducting spreadsheet analysis.
* Utilizing building modeling software (HAP, E-quest, or Trane Trace) to assess heating and cooling needs.
* Summarizing engineering results in written reports and/or presentations that are cohesive and of the highest quality.
* Visiting job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering skills.
* Adhering to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm s Quality Management System.
* Promoting and maintain a safe working environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
* B.S. Mechanical Engineering
* 3-5 years of relevant work experience preferred
* Ability to foster a creative engineering environment
* Strong communication skills, (both in written and verbal)
* Ability to work across a wide range of areas within the mechanical engineering discipline
* Ability and desire to obtain professional registration (EIT and PE)
* Strong computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
* Experience with design software preferred (AutoCAD, Revit)
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Binghamton , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!