Technical Support Engineer - Ithaca NY
Company: Verathon Inc
Posted on: September 16, 2023
This position is remote or hybrid for applicants that are local
to one of our office locations.CBORD and Horizon are the world's
leading providers of integrated technology solutions powering
housing, access, foodservice, nutrition, eCommerce, and card
systems for K-12 and higher education, acute care, senior living,
and business campuses. Our success and growth is directly
attributed to our DREAMteam. Our culture is built on integrity,
respect for our people, and continuous personal development. We
maintain an entrepreneurial spirit, where creativity, innovative
problem solving, and learning agility drive our day-to-day
actions.The Technical Support Generalist is a critical part of the
support team, responsible for supporting our customer base to
ensure our customers receive an exceptional level of service from
CBORD - Horizon and that their issues are resolved quickly. This
team member will identify opportunities for continuous improvement
and ways to improve the customer experience of CBORD - Horizon
clients. The Customer Support department is responsible for
support, analysis and troubleshooting to resolve technical customer
issues via multiple channels, including voice, email, etc. The
Customer Support department serves as the primary liaison between
the client and CBORD - Horizon. -
- Deliver technical support and application problem resolution to
end users via phone, email, and web portal. Interact with customer
to provide and process information in response to inquiries,
concerns and requests about products and services.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug complex computer
systems and software
- Proficiently and accurately document case communications within
our ticketing system. Apply applicable troubleshooting methodology
to resolve customer issues, as well as escalating customer issues
as required to more quickly collapse issues to reach resolution for
- Adhere to current processes and procedures, but also provide
feedback and suggestions to continuously improve the customer
- Respond to feedback given for professional growth and
development, incorporating suggestions and learning opportunities
to improve skills and execution.
- Maintain a high level of accountability over customer issues,
while striving to exceed service level standards. Provide regular
case updates to customers and internal stakeholders with clear
communication according to defined Case management Best Practices
- Possess a basic understanding of the organization's products,
staying current with system information, process/policy changes and
all relevant updates.
- Work with senior resources/SMEs to ensure that more complex
issues progress to resolution, or are vetted for transfer to other
teams for assistance as necessary.
- Assist in creating and maintaining training aides, knowledge
base reference materials, procedure documents, and other resources
for team members and external customers.
- Periodically assist in training new and temporary Customer
- Demonstrate flexibility in being able to handle interruptions
well, prioritize work appropriately, and transition between tasks
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and courteousness
in all interactions with team members and customers.
- Partner with our customers to align on their needs, ensuring
their success.What You'll Bring to the Table
- High school diploma and willingness to learn through on-the-job
training for application specific teaching.
- College degree in Business Administration, business application
areas, Computer Science, or a related field desired but not
- 2+ years relevant work experience supporting customers in a
- Understanding of Windows, PCs, SQL, Networks and network
troubleshooting skills using various applications such as
wireshark; OS platforms, databases, telephony, and software
applications. XML, API desired but not required.
- SaaS model and applications a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex software tools
- Take ownership and drive effective root cause resolution and
closure to complex or escalated customer issues.
- Strong service and teamwork skills. Professional demeanor to
maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and
ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances.
Ability to collaborate with customer contacts at varying technical
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices with
previous customer experience.
- Collaborative nature, with the ability and interest to work in
a team environment and contribute wherever necessary to help
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability
to solve complex client issues.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and interest, including active
listening and effective questioning techniques to resolve
- Proven ability to quickly identify problems, form solutions,
and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures.
- A positive, professional, and solution-oriented outlook on the
- Flexible hours required, including overtime and rotating
on-call/after-hours support.What's Good to Know -
- Occasional travel may be requested; less than 10%
- May require fulfillment of government security clearance
- Familiarity with food service operations/systems
- Moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job,
including knowledge of relevant software computer applications and
- General understanding of major RDBMS with emphasis on Oracle,
MS SQL, and Sybase ASA
- General desktop OS knowledge (PC and Server)
- General network communication, network security, network
administration and wireless networking knowledge
- General virtualization knowledge
- General knowledge of IIS and web services
- Experience supporting mobile appsWho You'll Work with
- Customer Support team, including Leadership
- Other team members across all departments (Support,
Development, Product Management, QA, Sales, Professional
- Third party vendorsWhy Join the CBORD Horizon DREAMteam?
-DREAMteam (how we refer to all of us) You're engaged and
self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly driving
improvement and innovation. You act as a change agent. You're a
team player contributing to a collaborative and diverse work
environment. We question the status quo and so should you. You are
accountable and focused and take smart risks. You're an extension
of our talent acquisition team - always scouting top talent to join
our team.Staying Healthy
- Eligible team members have access to a robust health insurance
plan on their first day of employment.
- To encourage, motivate and challenge team members to take an
active interest in their health and well-being, the Company
provides a Wellness Benefit of $200 for the calendar year.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.Enjoying
Time-OffEligible team members are granted with the following paid
time off annually:
- Vacation: 15 vacation days; pro-rated during the first
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays each year
- Personal days: 3 personal days; pro-rated during the first
yearPlanning for the Future
- Employer paid Life Insurance / AD&D / Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability Insurance / Term Life Insurance
- Access to FSA Plans & Commuter Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Savings Plan where the Company matches team member
contributions $0.50 for every dollar saved up to 8% of pay. Fully
vested on day one.
- Access to the Roper Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental Leave ProgramMake an Impact -
- DREAMcares -(The Company's outreach initiative to support our
extended community): Eligible employees will have access to 3 paid
days off annually to serve at a qualified and approved
organization.This description is intended to be generic in nature.
It is not intended to determine all specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Essential functions
may vary on the specific tasks assigned to the position.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Verathon Inc, Binghamton , Technical Support Engineer - Ithaca NY, Engineering , Ithaca, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!