Service Technician - Forklift Equipment
Company: Alta Equipment Group Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Come work for one of the largest equipment dealers in the Country!
Are you a Technician/Mechanic with diesel, agricultural, or heavy
equipment repair experience? If so, then we want you on our
Technicians are at the backbone of our organization; therefore, we
provide them with the tools and resources to be successful:
- Company truck (parked at home each day)
- Company fuel card
- Company paid cell phone
- Paid time off
- Outstanding benefits package (Major Medical, Dental and Vision,
plus much more!)
- Competitive wages
- Company uniforms provided
- Work schedule: M-F, first shift
Our Material Handling Equipment Group is currently looking for a
full time Forklift Field Service Technician / Mechanic for our
Binghamton, NY branch. This position is first shift, M - F, and
hourly (no flat rate!). Field Technicians are provided a company
service van, which is provided for our Techs to drive home (you
don't leave it at our shop at the end of the day), along with a
fuel card. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of,
but are not limited to:
- Performing preventative maintenance on customer forklifts and
other material handling equipment
- Diagnose and repair all forms of customer equipment
- Completing each repair job in a timely, efficient and
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Work and manage workloads independently
- Proper completion and submission of all required
- Field Technicians are responsible for company vehicle and
on-board parts inventory
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being
ready for work at the designated start time
We encourage our Technicians to participate in our in-house paid
training program, allowing them to acquire additional skills in
diagnosis and troubleshooting and further advance their career as a
Technician. Also, company uniforms are provided!
- Two years of previous forklift repair expereince is highly
desired, which includes experience in the Military, Guard or
Reserve with an MOS or NEC code of 63B, 63H, 63S, 63W, 63Y, 91B,
91H, 91L, 91M or CM
- Previous field experience is highly preferable
- Strong working knowledge of electric and liquid propane
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Possess own tools
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver's license to
drive company vehicle
- Computer programs - HYPASS, Hyster TKC training software and
Yale/Hyster contact management system
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two
digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use
hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear; Occasionally
will sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10
pounds; Frequently will lift 11 to 25 pounds; Occasionally will
lift from 26 to 100 plus pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical
parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid
conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and heat (non-weather), risk
of electrical shock, vibration
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3
P's of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the
best people and creating a "one team" approach, Alta Equipment
Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a
difference within our organization, we're ready for you. Whether
it's selling the world's-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and
servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling
product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we
can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are
committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their
maximum potential. Voted a "Top Work Place USA", our 2100+
employees across the country are committed to excellence. It's the
So, let's start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin
the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a
cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task
and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that,
a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a
consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence.
Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for
the position with a continual focus on investing in one's
profession through additional training and learning
Other Opportunities at Alta
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view
other openings that may be of interest to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected
Keywords: Alta Equipment Group Inc., Binghamton , Service Technician - Forklift Equipment, Engineering , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!